Top 5 Wednesday- Top Last Sentences


Hey guys! Today's Top 5 Wednesday is going to be top *cue drum roll* Top Last Sentences!
(This topic was created by BookTuber gingerreadslainey)

 1. "I am free." - Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

 In the book, Alice was kidnapped at the age of ten by a man named Ray and has been his prisoner since. This last line epitomizes everything Alice ever wanted. These last words were bittersweet because Alice was finally free, but at a cost. Read the book to find out!

 2. "We'll grow until our bones ache and our skin wrinkles and our hair goes white, and until our hearts decide, at last, that it's time to stop." -Sever (Chemical Garden Trilogy #3) by Lauren DeStefano

This final lines highlights the hope that these characters have for the future, that they have a long one.In the final book of the Chemical Garden Trilogy, a cure for the premature deaths of teenagers is finally discovered and the character can finally live full and long lives, which I thought was a beautiful ending to the series.

 3. "I write a letter once a month to Noah, about thrift or tenacity or denial or honesty or hypocrisy or beauty, and I send it to him at his office in NASA, where he studies a very specific exoplanet around an m-dwarf star between the constellation of Cygnus and Lyra...and he searches for life." - The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder

 I'll admit that this was a rather long last sentence but it brought tears to my eyes when I read this, which is quite hard for a book to do. The reason why I thought this quote deserved to be in my top five last sentences is because it left the reader with closure and let you know that even though things have changed in the characters lives, they still keep the departed (won't say whose) spirit's alive.

 4. "It's so much more than that." - The One (The Selection Series #3) by Kiera Cass

I absolutely loved the ending for The One because even thought America Singer, the main character, didn't get the happy ending she expected, she got a lot more than she could ever believe. Reading these words made me feel so happy for which is why it made #4 on my list!

5.  "Just three words long." - Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Although the last sentence was quite ambiguous, it leaves the ending of the book up to the reader. When Park said that last sentence I assumed that the last three words were "I Love You" which just made me cry silent happy tears for him and Eleanor. This was such a beautiful book and had a beautiful ending despite the challenges the characters in the book faced.

I hope you enjoyed my list and comment down below what your top 5 last sentences were!

Links to the aforementioned books:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin